The cost of education has risen more than most other expenses over the past few decades. For many, it is a necessary burden through which we propel the dreams of our children, grandchildren, and perhaps ourselves.
We can help. We can explore the benefit of:
- Tax advantaged accounts like:
- 529 College Savings Plans
- Coverdell Education Savings Accounts
- UGMAs, UTMAs, and even IRAs.
- Tactics to maximize financial aid packages.
- Gifting strategies that avoid pitfalls and maximize impact.
If loans seem necessary or beneficial, we can help you minimize costs. While some subsidized programs like Perkins and Stafford can offer reasonable rates, other programs such as PLUS are dearer. We can explore the potential benefit of tapping home equity or setting up a low-interest credit line on assets managed here.
Learning is a treasure. We can help reduce its impact on your other treasures.